Student Loan Problems

The problem for many students is accumulated student loan debt. Many students receive loans for their undergraduate degree and it is then assumed that they will pay them back to the institution when they graduate, if they remain enrolled. However, as most of us learned in college, most loans default and are taken by the government, leaving students and their parents paying back a large sum of money and in many cases, forcing them into negative net worth, this is when they starting thinking about the graduate student loans options. Students are also saddled with credit card debt to pay for their education, and many of us will also find it difficult to find a job without a well-paying job that will not be penalized for having a lot of debt.

Fortunately, there are options for student loan debt relief that can help ease the student loan burden. To help you navigate your student loan debt options, we’ve compiled a list of Student Loan Debt Relief Programs. Please note, we only cover programs for graduates of US graduate schools, and not for international graduates.

US Graduate School Programs

Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Programs

First-Year Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs

Graduate School Graduation Benefits

Other Grad Student Loan Debt Relief Programs

Free Online Payment Plans for Graduate and Professional Degree Programs Can I Afford This?

Federal Student Loan Debt Relief Programs for Graduate Students in Public and Private Universities

Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Programs for Graduate Students in Private Universities

US Student Loan Forgiveness The Full Story

Grad School Student Loan Debt Repayment Options Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program Graduate and Professional Degree Program Program for US Students with a Total Annual Income of $50,000 or More

Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program

US students who graduate from a four-year undergraduate institution have a federal student loan balance of $9,350 after ten years, including interest and repayment. If you graduate from a public, nonprofit or private institution, you can apply to receive a federal loan forgiveness program, also known as student loan debt relief. To qualify for federal student loan forgiveness, you must be able to demonstrate that your financial circumstances were beyond your control when you left college or graduate school. The types of circumstances which can be considered by the Department of Education include: Unsuccessful job search You must have lost your job or your income to qualify. Your financial status changes after leaving college. For example, if you had a bad first job after college, or you became employed before you had been hired, you will have to provide additional proof to the Department of Education. For more information about this program, visit

Graduation or Reenrollment During the period you received financial assistance, you may have enrolled in a second or subsequent college or graduate school. If so, and if you have a reasonable basis for doing so, you may be able to pursue a program of study in the same school you attended. This is called reenrollment. The Department of Education has the authority to grant you a “return to school” waiver if you show financial need. You should have evidence of such need if you request a waiver. If you fail to meet the new standard for a reasonable basis, you may not be granted a waiver. The student should check with the student services office or the Dean of Students Office at the college/university where the student is registered for information about any program(s) available for reenrollment. When and Where You May Request a Reenrollment Wa